The History of Mattress King
Mattress King of Nashville has been independently owned and operated since 1994. With 13 locations in Middle Tennessee, Mattress King has been the largest family owned and operated mattress for the last 25 years.
In 1998, Jerry and Desiree Appleby took over the business. From the beginning, they decided to set Mattress King apart from other retailers by using a hands-on approach to grow the business and measure its success by the overall wellbeing and happiness of its employees and customers. Their mission was simple, to treat everyone like family.
After 20 years and 6 additional stores, Jerry and Desiree happily retired at the end of 2017. They entrusted Nate and Katie Grindle with continuing the legacy, compassion, kindheartedness and generosity of Mattress King.
Moving into the future, Nate looks to further extend the vision set forth by Jerry to expand the Mattress King family. Nate has an extensive background in the bedding industry, starting back in his college years as a sales associate. Upon graduation, he added ten years of expertise working on the wholesale side as a Serta and Simmons bedding representative and sales manager. During this time he worked closely with Mattress King to provide the best products available to customers and built a strong relationship with Jerry and the Mattress King family.
Mattress King’s mission has always been about bettering our customers lives through quality sleep and we remain focused on that each and every day. Always know, At Mattress King, You’re the King!
10 GREAT REASONS TO SHOP AT MATTRESS KING
1. Nashville’s trusted mattress headquarters for over 25 years
2. #1 in customer service before, during and after your visit
3. Trained sleep professionals that will help guide you to your perfect new mattress
4. Nashville’s largest Serta, Simmons, Beautyrest and iComfort retailer
5. Largest selection in middle Tennessee
6. Guaranteed best value or its FREE
7. FREE white glove delivery service
8. Up to 120 night in home trial
9. Family owned and operated – Your dollars stay and help the local community
10. You simply can’t make a bad decision at Mattress King